Cactus figs syrup Ingredients: Makes about 500ml concentrate
- 15 ripe cactus figs, peeled and chopped
- 125ml water
- 250ml sugar
- 60ml lemon juice
GRANADILLA (Sweet Passion Fruit)
Granadilla Cake Ingredients:
- 50 ml granadilla pulp
- 4 eggs
- 500 ml flour
- 300 ml castor sugar
- 200 ml milk
- 15 ml baking powder
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 100g margarine
- 60 ml granadilla pulp
- 100g margarine
- 250g smooth cream cheese
- 500 ml icing sugar
- Whisk eggs and castor sugar until thick, creamy and white
- Sift the flour and baking powder and fold it into the egg and sugar mixture
- Heat milk, granadilla pulp and margarine, do not boil.
- Add vanilla essence and stir
- Spoon into a tin
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180°C
- Mix stork bake and cream cheese then add the granadilla pulp
- Add icing sugar and mix well until smooth
- Spread granadilla topping over cake
Avocado and Corn Salad Ingredients: 2 hass avocados 1 tomato ½ onion 2 ears of corn, oven roasted and kernels removed 1 lime juice Olive oil1 large head of romaine lettuce Salt and pepper For the dressing: 2 hass avocados ¼ cup milk ¼ teaspoon onion powder 1/7 cup mayonnaise 1 lime juice ¼ teaspoon garlic powder ½ teaspoon cumin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Drizzle olive oil on corn and add salt and pepper
- Roast at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes
- Cut kernels off corn cob
- Add chpped lettuce, chopped tomato, onion and corn kernels, avocado and lime juice
- Add all ingredients for dressing to a food processor. Turn on high and blend until creamy and smooth. Add dressing to salad.
LIMES (Seedless Limes)
Lime pie Ingredients:
- ¾ cup lime juice
- 1 packet plain sweet biscuits
- 2 (250g) cream cheese, softened
- 100g butter, melted
- 2 (395g) cans condensed milk
- 300ml cream
- 1 teaspoon lime or lemon essence
- 3 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- To make the base, crush biscuits to crumbs in a food processor or bash with a rolling pin.
- Mix the crumbs and enough melted butter together so that the crumbs hold together when pressed.
- Press into the base and sides of a 20cm springform tin. Allow to chill while you make the filling.
- In a mixer, beat the cream cheese until very smooth.
- Add the condensed milk, juice and zest and beat until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the shell and chill for 1hr before adding the topping.
- Make the topping by whipping the cream, essence and icing sugar together until it stiff peaks form. Smooth or pipe onto the pie.
- Chill for at least 2hrs before serving.
PASSION FRUIT (Purple Passion Fruit)
Passion fruit Souffle Ingredients:
- 30 ml strained passion fruit juice
- 25g +25g sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- Cream the egg yolks with 25g sugar until sugar has dissolved
- Add the passion fruit juice
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites with a bit of salt and add 25g sugar when the peaks are forming.
- Whisk until the peaks firm.
- Whisk 1/3 of the whites into the yolks then fold through the remaining
- Spoon the mixture into a buttered and sugared soufflé mould
- Bake at 190C for 12 minutes
PHYSALIS/ GOLDEN BERRY (Cape Gooseberry, Incaberry)
Jam Ingredients: 3.40 oz. (96.40 g) physalis (golden berry) without husk. 1.12 oz. (0.33 dl) water 1 lime 1.41 oz. (40g) sugar jelly 0.5 orange Wash the berries and cut them in half. Mix all ingredients in a pot. Bring the mixture to the boil, while stirring. Then let the jam simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and let the jam cool. Pour the jam into a jar.